Saturday, September 26, 2009

Projects, Projects and MORE Projects

There's something about glue, paper...and the artistic freedom to express yourself that I LOVE. I owe a thanks to my Mom and Dad...because no matter the project....they always provided what I needed to complete the assignment. I remember my dad building a log cabin for me.....we had to cut each wooden dowel so that the notches stuck together....and I was a little young to use the tool...so he worked endlessly to complete it for me. Another time.... I decided to talk about the ice storm we had as my project. I collected all the material and made my presentation board...but I couldnt come up with a 'model'. I had went to dad's for the weekend....and while I was gone...momma had bought the materials and made me an awesome snow/ice scene complete in its own box. I don't have pictures of either project....but the images are forever in my mind. So this why I love helping my kids do their best.......THANKS MOM AND DAD!!!

Having 3 kids with projects due for school in the same week....was a challenge though....and I know its not the 20 years added to my age since I was in school.....it's got to be something else...right?

Anyway...we made it...they are completed....the week is at the end...and we ALL survived...LOL!! (can't ya tell I don't have to work tonight...LOL)

I was so happy to get to go to Texas this week....it was brief but none the less....I enjoyed the time I got to spend with everyone...and I got to help Chelsea on her project. She had to create a poster on the greek god Uranus. Do you know how HARD it is to find suitable pictures of god that lived thousands of years ago....well if you dont...let me tell you.....ITS HARD!!! LOL.. You would think with the internet....we would have access to hundreds....but we didnt. Chelsea did get a couple to choose from...and I think she made her project work with what she had available. I hope she got a good grade.



Next was Kaitlyn's ....she had to create a cereal box and then come up with statements and commands and try to sell her cereal. She wanted her cereal to be girly...and she was thinking Princess Puffs....but Papa Ken suggested Fairy Dust...and she loved it...so she went with that one (thanks PAPA). She colored her box pink (suprised?)...and then we cut out the fairy and castle in hot pink glitter paper...and then the finishing touch was glitter all the way around. Her eyes lit up when she was finished....she loved it. She took it to school and said her teacher gave her a hug and said she loved it!!



Finally is Coby's....our parish fair is next week..and every school has a booth and they take projects that the students make and decorate the booth. Coby's project was a 'junk picture fame'. I cut the cardboard frame out for him....but he decorated it. He kept saying...."I love crafts...this is fun"!! Everyday he comes home....does his school work...and then wants scissors, paper and markers...and he sits in the floor and creates something.....:)

No comments: