Friday, February 28, 2014

Happy New Year!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Happy 2014!!!

I was reflecting the other night over past dates and I became sadden because its been almost 10 years since my youngest baby was born. 10 YEARS!! I look at my life and see that in those 10 years I am not where I thought I would be....spiritually, financially, motherly, or a person as a whole. I can remember looking back thinking 10 years from now is such a long time....and I have so much time to get these things done that I want to do. But alas reality has sank in....and 10 years is NOT that long...its actually a really short period of time.  I can't exactly recall my 2004 resolutions...but I am sure my health, my family and my marriage were all part of the resolution to do better. And yet I look back and see the same....just 10 years later.

I always have heard....there is plenty of time to make mends, to earn that money, to take that trip.....etc...but the past 10 years have taught me that life is so unpredictable....and when you think you have 10 more years....you don't....you may only have 10 more months, weeks or even days. Its been over 7 years since I lost a good friend in an auto accident. I remember thinking to myself after her funeral...that I was in so much pain...and she was only in my life for 9 months....what would I do if I lost someone who had been there the whole 30 years. Well that became a reality on March 25, 2010. I get a call that my dad past in his sleep. I still remember the night before. I still remember wanting to call him....but thinking it was too late and that I could always call in the morning. I remember laying in bed and hearing Chelsea cry. I asked what was wrong and she didn't know....she said she just felt really sad for some reason. Then the next morning I get the call. It still hurts today like it did on March 25th. I still wished I could go back and make that call....but I can't. We aren't guaranteed any time for anything. We have to live in the now and enjoy it...because we don't know what tomorrow may bring. Life really is too short!!!!!

So for my 2014 resolution....I am not going to say I will loose 60 lbs...though I need too...:) I will say that I resolve to be happy, to love as much as possible and to be a better follower and disciple of my Lord Jesus Christ.

HAPPINESS- It really is contagious. Seeing things on a positive side makes me feel good all over....I thinks its the endorphins that your body releases....but I see it in the faces of the people I meet, on my children, and it just feels good in general.

LOVE- It really is unconditional...at least for me. I sometimes feel that is a downside to really loving someone is the fact that 'unconditional' is not always the way others feel. But I will continue to love this way...because its how my Lord and my father taught me and how they love me.....despite my faults, my wrongs, and my miscomings....they love me regardless....and so shall I!!

FOLLOWER- I have always been a believer. I have questioned GOD at times...for I am human and seek answers instead of having patience and waiting for the answers to be revealed. What I have to work on it being a FOLLOWER!! Living the days, weeks, minutes of life through the blood of Christ as he has put into my heart. Teaching of his ways to those who are uncertain or have lost their way. This is my path. This is what I am told to do...and I shall FOLLOW!!!

No comments: