Monday, August 19, 2013

Feb 2013

I turned 36 this month...guess I'm officially rolling down the hill now....LOL.  It doesn't bother me...its just a number....when I'm 55 I'm sure I will look back and wish I was 36....:)

Chelsea made 19....officially a young adult...and 1 year away from being in her 20's...where does the time go? She is still with Chris in Texas. We talk often....but I haven't seen her since she after graduation.

We had the Cub Scout pack Derby on the 2nd.....Coby took 1st in the Bears and Kase took 2nd. The track started to mess up...so the Webelos race was close and hard to call. Kase also won BOS.

This year I allowed the parents and siblings to enter and use the same rules. KK took 1st in the Siblings group and Keith took 2nd in the Dad's. :) We worked on those cars....trying to get to 5 oz...then it would be over....or under...and we would have to start again. I wish I had been with Keith at the PO box when he was weighing his car...it was over so he busted out the drill right then and started drilling wood off.....LOL KK duct taped her car...then added some bling. We put batteries in the back for weight and they ended up looking like a jet pack...LOL I made each boy a candy pinewood derby car to take home...along with a derby car neckerchief slides. Special thanks to Keith for helping with all those neckerchief slides....:) All boys rec'vd recognition....whether it was a trophy or certificate. Now we are getting ready to use our voices at the District Pinewood Derby in March.

No comments: