Sunday, January 11, 2009

One of Life's Lessons

Well....I went to Texas on Friday to pick up Chelsea. Her dad had kicked her out on Tuesday and had not contacted my dad in regards to her since. I withdrew her from school, she seemed OK with the whole situation, and we were headed back to my dad's when Tracey showed up wanting to 'say bye'. I didn't want to let her talk to him....since he had had 3 days to make this right...and I feel the only reason he did finally contact her was because he found out from the school that she was being withdrawn. Its really sad that she is naive to even want to go back to stay with him. But she did!! Both of them acted as though me driving all that way and he having not spoke to her in almost 4 days and telling her to leave .....was nothing....they just picked back up where they left off.

Chelsea has hurt me for the last time. I hope that she doesn't need me or her papa again...... because she burnt bridges this time. Help is no longer there!!

I have always felt that is was a mother's job to stand by her children, and help them become mature young adults. I have made many sacrifices for Chelsea, I have been more of a mother than most woman my age ever thought about being.....and it was all for NOTHING!!

I watched my 14 year look at me as though I was disposable and she had no regard as too how bad it hurt me for her to go back with her father.....whom had kicked her out more than once! It took me several months to understand why she left last year....not because I was a bad mother....but because it was a choice....she wanted to live with her dad. But after a year of nothing but misery.....and being unhappy living with him.....I thought for sure things would be different from her......but the child that I saw Friday was not the little girl I raised!! I don't know who she was....because MY daughter would have cared.

Life is all about lessons.....some aren't as easy as others. I never thought that one of my lessons would be this!! ........ I do learn from my lessons........

No comments: