Thursday, May 28, 2009

Scrapbooking for a Cause

I love scrapbooking...everyone that 'knows' me...knows how much I enjoy it. But its so much more than just pretty paper and pictures. Scrapbooking has established friendships....friendships that I wouldnt have encountered......in everyday life.

It also brings together great people who work together for a cause. There is scrap pink...which lots of scrapbooking stores raise money for breast cancer in October. There was a store in California that asked for scrapbook pages to be created and sent in to help a cancer stricken mother of 3 scrap her memories so all she had to worry about was taking care of herself and spending time with her children. (I am sad to say she went to heaven a few weeks ago....all too sudden...but the turn-out for the pages was great.....several hundred were made.....her children will still receive the books....to help her legacy live on). Now I have been asked by another scrapbooking friend to send 'hello' cards to a sweet little girl who is 7 and has a brain tumor. Well I decided to get involved and help out...who wouldnt for child? I decided to let Kaitlyn help too....she is 7...she knows what little girls like...so we picked up a few little things to send to her too. This is a picture of Kaitlyn and her card...that she made all by herself!!



Its times like these that really make me realize what I want for my children to remember about me....and I would have to say....its my selflessness. I have always been a giving person...helping others...giving to others before I could think of myself. (of course its in my genes...thanks mom and dad) I wish that my children experience the same joy of giving. It is such a wonderful feeling. To know that you brightened someone's day with a small act of kindness...is...well......there are no words to describe it!!

No comments: