Monday, February 2, 2009

Bomb Threat at LHS

We got a call today about 1130 from MaryAnn asking us if we heard about the bomb threat at the school. Of course we hadnt...so I called the Elementary school and they told me that the threat was at the high school....and that if we want to pick up our children we could...and it wouldnt count against them...well hello....of course Keith was already on his way. Why werent we called sooner? The threat was earlier in the morning...and alot of us were just finding out about it....to me that isnt right? Just because it was at the high school didnt give the other schools the authority to decide that my child was safe especially since the high school isnt even a football field length away from the elementary school. Anyway....most of all the children were leaving...there were officers there directing traffic and blocking roads and such. Now what do we do...? Are they going to resume school tomorrow? Are they giving updates on who or what exactly happened? probably not! Well at least my children are safe at home!!

On another note....we will be ordering our house this week. I just need to finalize all the colors. I want to see all my options on the counter tops....and I would like darker carpet....but other than that the colors of the demo house are what I am going with. We paid our down payment and it will take about 3 weeks to get it built and shipped to the dealer....so probably 4 weeks before it will be here on the property!! I CANT WAIT!!


Here is last weeks picture of the week.....other than the ones of the house.....LOL



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, why were we not contacted? I heard about it in passing from another parent that already had her child. The schools need to be on a text message system that way it's not a call by call issue that will take hrs to do.

Anonymous said...

I am a grandmother, 800 miles away....and my dau in law called me on her way to the school about 10 am....she had heard from another family member who had somehow heard, and was going to pick up her grandchildren...hoax or not (and truly do we believe the news these days?) THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS. I feel for you...as a mother, grandmother, person in general....how can we keep our children safe, if they take it lightly and simply remove the kids....a large "device" could have dessimated an entire city block at least....they should have a texting system...I can see where it would have been hard to call each individual parent and many are unable to watch the news 24/7 (which incidently it did not make the national news). So take it to your school board...demand a school wide texting system. Demand to be notified....
good luck and God bless